The Roundup

The Student News Site of Roosevelt High School

The Roundup

The Roundup

Culture Night

sink into the fullness of your culture

Culture night it is an event where students, teachers, and sometimes parents come together to celebrate and showcase the cultural diversity within the school community.it involves performances, exhibitions, food, and activities that highlight unfamiliar cultures represented in the school. The goal is often to promote understanding, respect and coming together as community and having fun, and seen people represent their culture and appreciation for many cultures, encourage a sense of unity and overall, among students and families. 

Your Culture is a gift that should be celebrated every year. We interviewed promise Zandy, we asked her “how do you feel about your culture saying, “I don’t have a problem with expressing my culture to people,” said, Promise Zandy. Father side, mother side, embrace both, that’s what makes who you are.

“The most fun part about culture night was the dancing, and yes, I would recommend people to come more often because it’s a way to express your culture to other people, showcase the different type of food you eat, and just coming together as a community to promotes inclusivity, celebrates different backgrounds, and creates a vibrant community that enhances the overall school spirit”, Promise Zandy.

Another way to express your culture is showing the food from your culture to people who want to feel what you feel in your culture, try to know your own culture and experience the same feeling Promise is. SIMMER DOWN!!!