The Roundup

The Student News Site of Roosevelt High School

The Roundup

The Roundup

Roosevelt’s Bathroom

Roosevelts+Bathroom

If you’re like me, you may have walked past the bathroom needing to use it and realized that most if not all are locked. After one semester of people basically partying in the bathroom, having a smoking sesh and a group of people in one stall. Roosevelt decided to take the initiative and lock most bathrooms leaving one open and making it a little game of hunting for which bathroom is open. But the question is, do we agree with what Roosevelts doing?

A student at Roosevelt said, “This would never have happened if the hall monitors would regulate the bathroom frequently.” In my opinion the issue isn’t because of the staff not regularly checking the bathroom, which they do, it’s people can’t be trusted. She also believes that if the school had more smoke detectors that yelled every time it detected someone smoking then less people would be in the bathroom.

Another student said, “This rule is unfair the students who don’t misbehave have to deal with this.” I agree with this, we should be able to use any bathroom whenever. Not every student is doing it, those that are doing it should be held accountable for their actions.

Mazzaa said “I never realized that they closed all but one restroom at Roosevelt”. She continues on to talk about how she’s grateful she goes to central and how much cleaner and way lesser people in there are. Not many people have that privilege of being able to go home or go to another school to use the bathroom. If students want the restrooms to all be open, they need to show that there will not be parties, smoking sesh being held and definitely not multiple people in one stall.