The Roundup

The Student News Site of Roosevelt High School

The Roundup

The Roundup

Rider Bucks

All Your Rider Bucks Questions Answered
Rider+Bucks

I asked Associate Principals Ms. Hesse and Ms. Eck about Roosevelt’s Rider Bucks

Q: What are Rider Bucks?

Ms. Hesse: Rider Excellence Bucks are a school currency that students can earn and exchange for different items such as snacks, Rider gear and more.

Q: How do students earn Rider Bucks?

Ms. Eck: Students can earn bucks in a multitude of ways. Showing Integrity by doing the right thing when others aren’t looking, being Equitable in their actions and words towards others, demonstrating Unity by including others in all things that they do, and demonstrating Excellence by working hard and pushing themselves and others to be better every day.

Q: What do students do with Rider bucks?

Ms. Hesse: Students can redeem their Rider Excellence Bucks in Room 2110 during the lunch hour, Tuesdays and Thursdays! We are working on scheduling additional options for before or after school to accommodate students served on multiple campuses (stay tuned)!  We have items for as little as one Rider Excellence Buck, up to ten.

Q: Why are Rider Bucks important to Roosevelt?

Ms. Hesse: Rider Excellence Bucks allow us to celebrate all the incredible choices our Riders make every day throughout each day.  When students make choices that Unify students, display acts of Equity, or carry through actions rooted in Integrity, our school is better for it. We know how hard our students work to create a school community of Excellence and we want to make sure students have every opportunity to be celebrated for their contributions and leadership.

Ms. Eck: Rider Bucks are important because it gives Roosevelt Staff a way to recognize our students when they are modeling the great things they do on a regular basis. It is a way for us to say thank you and show appreciation to our students for being Excellent here at Roosevelt.

Q: What are the rewards you can get with Rider Bucks?

Ms. Eck: We will be increasing our inventory but currently we have small snacks, chips, cookies and some

Rider T-shirts.  Soon we will have more food options, stickers, Rider Roast items and a larger variety of Rider gear.